Have you tried our Recipe?

Let us know what you think!!!

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Janell turns 30!

Janell turned 30 and we celebrated with a Surprise Party!  
Velva and Eunice (Janell's aunt and mom) roped me into putting together a fun time with some of Janell's friends and family. Yippee!

I, of course "had" to put up some decorations and had a great time making her a girly cake (a purse with a coin purse as well) and brownies in the shape of high heel shoes.  

Some of the guests ate a bit early!
Standing around waiting for the guest of honor to arrive!
Dinner, of course, was Happy Meals from McDonalds!  We were soooooo lucky...McD's switches off from Happy Meal Boxes to Bags and they had just gotten in boxes....bags just aren't as cool!   Here's Derek and Julie all set with their order!
Here's the Birthday Girl!  
Hopefully Janell got her hamburger ketchup only! *grin
Justin said he hadn't had a Happy Meal for over 20 years!  What an Oldy Moldy!
(Oh, I made a caesar salad to offset the McD's.)
Janell's brother Jon and his wife Jen and boys: Bowdrie and Carsen came all the way from Montana!   I didn't get any pictures of their totally cute boys.  Too bad!  You'll just have to put up with this one of Jon.  
Chip helped with picking up the order at McD's...he got a free Big Mac!

The best part is getting the toy in the box!  Perfect party favors!  
The polly pockets were a definite favorite!
Wait a minute Jolyn, how did you get another one?! *grin

Some had more fun at the party than others! *grin  
Happy 30th Birthday Janell!   
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Hilary said...

Hahaha! How fun! Happy birthday to Janell!

And you are becoming quite the expert cake maker! You can hire me for painting, and I'll hire you for baking :)

Pharmgirl said...

Thank you for such a wonderful, fun, birthday party! I loved the Happy Meals and the cake and the high heels and everything. :-) It capped the most perfect birthday weekend ever! Thanks again.

Rebekah Hamon said...

Hi Beth - I was talking to Jenny today at meeting & she said you have a changing table you are looking to unload? I was trying to find a light wood colored one on Craigslist, and wanted to spend $20. If that works for you and you still want to sell it, I'd like to come by and take a look. I am looknig for a specific color to match a rocking chair I got off of CL, so I'm hoping it matches and my search will be over. :) my email is drhamon@comcast.net or my blog is thedennishamons.blogspot.com

Teresa said...

The cake looks great! Inspires me to be more food creative :)

Lainey said...

Oooh, I love purse cake! What is inside?

Troy and Beth said...

I don't feel that it is proper for me to discuss the contents of Janell's purse...you'll have to ask her. *grin